Wednesday 14 March 2018

Mario, Mothers and More

A busy few days means it's another 'round up to bring us up to date' post.
Saturday was Mario day.
There have been occasions in the past when I have attempted to play Mario kart but each and every time I have been very bad at it.
The children used to find my ineptitude hilarious.
 I never minded because it was good seeing them laughing together.
I had a distant memory of toadstools featuring in the game somewhere so I went with wearing this brooch.


As we all know Sunday was Mother's Day. 
I received a lovely bunch of flowers, some chocolate


and the next two installments of the wonderful Maisie Dobbs detective series.
My sister T had invited us all round to her for lunch time cream teas.
She hadn't planned on S teaching us some dance moves in her kitchen, that just happened and proved to be very entertaining for those of us taking part and those sat watching.


Due to the rain on Monday when it was Plant a Flower day I cheated and decided to change the name slightly and instead go for 'buy a flowery planter day'. It was either popping a pretty container into my shopping basket or going out in the unrelenting rain, so for a fair weather gardener there really was no contest.


Last Friday we had Barbie day and Tuesday was Ken day
As with Barbie Ken's first outfit was beach related. 
He wore red shorts and a red and white striped shirt.
With this in mind I went for a red skirt and teamed it with a blue and white stripy jumper. My beach hut brooch completed the theme.


So all that brings us slap bang up to date with today and Potato Chip day
Oh. My. Word.
This is my kind of day.
I know they are so not good for you but I do love them.
I wanted us to try something we haven't had before so I went with a bag of these fairly new Max Strong Hot Chicken Wings. I chose these because G and S like a spicy crisp. I could only tolerate one small crisp so they demolished the rest of the packet between them.
The Chip Shop Curry Sauce flavour were only purchased after leaving work today when I had to stop in the local Co-op for cat food. 
The fact it's potato chip day and these were advertised as chips meant I had to pick up a packet. 
We (well mostly they!) munched on the crisps as we sat at the table, each of us working on our own little craft project in readiness for Friday.
Hope to see you then.


5 comments:

  1. It's a long time now since we've played Mario Kart, the Wii was put away years ago but I might just get it out again when we're all at home, it really does give us some laughs. What lovely gifts you got for Mother's Day and it sounds like you had a wonderful, family day. Potato Chip Day is my kind of day, I shall have to look out for those chip shop curry sauce ones, I haven't seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your nod to Mario! Much better than wearing a fake moustache or red hat!

    I love the way you always know what's special about the days. Can you give me a bit of a warning if it's ever national hot dog day, I don't want to miss out on that one!

    Lovely flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I love how brooches featured in many of the days! Mmmmm, those crisps look superb! I LOVE crisps! I always make myself give them up for Lent because I so find it hard to do that and a 6week break from crisps is no bad thing!
    Not tried either of those flavours! Hope you are well.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness Mario brings back memories from when my boys were small. It's all minecraft with my 14 year old and I've no idea what to do with that either.

    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post Lisa. You got some lovely gifts for Mother's Day. I had a great Mother's Day too and enjoyed spending time with the children and grandchildren - special memories.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete