Wednesday 1 November 2017

Empress of India


On 1st November 1858 Queen Victoria's government issued a proclamation citing that

Following the 1857 Rebellion, the East India Company's rule in India would come to an end, thereafter India would be governed by and in the name of the British Monarch through a Secretary of State.

It wasn't until July 1947 that India gained it's independence from Great Britain, nearly 90 years later.

I took India as my theme for today and decided it would be a good idea to try one of the recipes from my Pinterest board. I chose Indian Sticky Chicken for it's simplicity, an essential requirement for a midweek evening meal.
S gave this a thumbs up. G is yet to try it as he is still at work.


3 comments:

  1. It looks delicious. Indian is my favourite kind of food, but Mick won't eat it so I only have it if we eat out or get a takeaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that S gave this dish the thumbs up.
    Hope G enjoyed it to!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, it sounds delicious too!

    ReplyDelete