Wednesday 4 October 2017

Stick or Twist

Well it's Wednesday already.
How did that happen.
I'm sure someone keeps pressing the fast forward button.
I mean it's October.
Already.


So how have my activities been going on this week?
I gave myself Monday off.
Pre children my friend T and I would spend time together to catch up on news and quite often combine this with a day out.
Now our children are older she said we should try and reinstate these days out every so often.
Monday was our first outing.
We took ourselves off to Portchester Castle for the day.



Ideally I wanted to do a proper post about our visit  (I still hope to get one written) but for now here is T being much more adventurous than me and investigating the stone spiral staircase.



Tuesday was Chubby Checker's birthday. 
His most well known song has got to be The Twist.
The first thing I think of when hearing the word twist, apart from that dance, is playing pontoon, as in Stick or Twist?
So yesterday evening me, G and S sat down at the dining table and played this easy and fun card game.



We're back to a food related day for today.
Taco Day to be precise.
I went out to buy some taco shells last night but the shop I went to didn't have them. Instead I bought a pack of tortilla wraps and did this to make my own.
Served with salad and rice it was a quick and easy meal which is my favourite kind.


6 comments:

  1. I've never played Pontoon before... might have to look that one up when I have time to sit and play games again! Great idea for the make your own tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have a grown up day (not that I think I'm very grown up) and be able to look forward to your days out together. Your tacos look good xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to set time aside for a day out, life gets so busy sometimes that we forget to enjoy each other's company. I used to play cards a lot when I was younger and Pontoon was one of the games we played. Those tacos look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pontoon is a blast from the past, thanks for the memory. Catching up with a friend on an outing is my favourite kind of day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are being so good with these special days, I'm enjoying your posts.
    I used to love doing the twist!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I HATED Pontoon as a child- I never won it EVER!!! It is a nice simple game to play though and good for adding!

    ReplyDelete