Sunday 8 October 2017

Cards

This first card is one of many G received today because it's his birthday.
His mum, sister and family friend J all came down from Salisbury.
T picked them up in his car from the train station and drove them to the local pub where we were meeting for lunch.
Then it was back home for birthday cake.


The second card is one I made for World Card Making day.
At Christmas time there are two adults and two teenage children to whom we give money.
I could just go and buy some money wallet style cards and pop the dosh inside, but I like to do something a little different as seen here and here.
This is my first attempt at sewing a felt stocking onto card. I plan to pop the note inside along with a small bar of chocolate.
I only have 4 to make and I thought a little forward planning now will help me towards plumping for the final design.


4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to G, I hope you've all had a lovely day, it certainly sounds like a lovely way to spend a birthday with family. I love the card you made, much nicer than popping the money in an envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea, I do like to receive hand made cards. Happy birthday to G xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you all had a lovely day on 'G's birthday.
    Belated good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday G! The pocket stocking is a super idea! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete