Monday 14 August 2017

Fruity Rainbow

On 14th August 1979 a rainbow shone for 3 hours in North Wales.
Rainbows can be so fleeting, to think one was visible for such a length of time is staggering.

Now there may be a bit of listening to Rainbow going on here later as they are one of G's fave rock groups and we may do a bit of reminiscing over that classic children's tv series with Bungle, Zippy, George and Geoffery whilst snacking on a packet of multi-coloured Rainbow Drops.

All will be good ways to mark the day along with my outfit today which marks the colours of a rainbow in a more subtle and lightly fruity way.

Here I have three of the colours represented in apple form, red in the apples on the dress, orange in the apple necklace and yellow apple earrings.
Green appears on the leaf of the necklace and also on the cherry stalks.
The final three colours of blue, indigo and violet are clustered on my bracelet.


To finish of this post I am including more photos from our trip last week. Sunday was the final day of Pride Week in Amsterdam and the LBGT rainbow flag was everywhere.




4 comments:

  1. A three hour rainbow, that's quite a sight. You must have looked very colourful in your rainbow outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to mark this rainbow anniversary! Thanks for your email... sending another is on my 'to do' list but there is so little time to sit and write emails at the moment. I'm just trying to stay on top of blog posts and comments and by the time I've done that, I'm out of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing rainbows, they are so colourful.
    Love your photo's here.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete