Thursday 17 August 2017

Cards and Cardigans

I don't think anyone who has been reading Jumble and Jelly over the years could be in any doubt about my love for charity shops and the bountiful bargains they have bestowed up on us.
So when I saw today was Thrift Shop Day I was thought a little outing to one was in order.

I know I mentioned not so long ago about how I try and buy most of my greeting cards from Barnardos. 
They always have a fantastic selection for both male and female birthdays and, even better, every so often they change the range and have a sale on the old stock. I managed to pick up a total of 14 for 49p each.




Another love of mine is the good old cardigan. Last September I had a sort out and tidy up and counted 50 of them. Since then a few have gone and a few have arrived. There are now another 2 new ones to add to the collection.
Couldn't resist the mustardy yellow one for £1.99 and the orangey one also had to come home with me as it was just 99p! Both of these colours will be perfect as we go into autumn. Well that's my excuse anyway.


8 comments:

  1. I go into Barnardos every week. I always come out with something. One of the ladies who donate clothes to this branch must have more money than sense as apparently every so often she has a purge of brand new, with labels, clothing - Monsoon, Phase Eight, etc. She's a regular apparently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't get that, buying things brand new and never wearing them. At least the charity shop gets the benefit and then you do too!
      My local branch sell most items for £1.99 and it'a a rare day when I come out empty handed as the stock turns over so quickly.

      Delete
  2. Those two cardigans look great - and lovely colours for later summer and autumn too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, might need one today actually, it's a bit nippy here this morning!
      Lisa x

      Delete
  3. Love the colours of your cardigans, great prices too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have worn both of these this week so got my money's worth already!
      Lisa x

      Delete
  4. I never manage to find bargains in charity shops like you do, mind you, we don't have a Barnardos one nearby. The ones here seem to charge so much more, even a paperback book goes for £1.99 so you can imagine the price they charge for clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a shame we haven't got a Barnardo's charity shop near us ... there are quite a few hospice ones though that I tend to visit quite recently.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete