Saturday 19 August 2017

Bees and Honey

I reckon every day should be celebrated by eating cake and my waist line probably shows that I am partial to a slice....... or two.

If there is on day which cake should definitely be consumed then it's World Honey Bee Day.

Are you all honey lovers out? 
I don't eat it very often and when I do it's normally only at breakfast time on a weekend when I fancy a bowl of Greek yogurt with honey and fruit.

It wasn't breakfast time when we had today's honey treat though.
Sat listening to the football this afternoon G and I each had a honey cake in a mug.
Whisked up in a few minutes from this recipe and cooked for 90 seconds it really was super speedy to prepare.
In fact, so frighteningly quick and easy, you could indulge in cake every day.

 

5 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, and super quick and easy. Eleanor tried making cake in a mug once and it didn't work out at all so we never bothered again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a great honey lover, but both my kids love it. It's marvellous stuff though, I always have some when I have a sore throats or cold xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like honey at all! I do like cake though... cake everyday would certainly agree with me, but not my ever shrinking clothes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea of cake in a mug, but I'm not a honey lover either! Although every year I lose my voice when the oil seed rape is in flower. We are surrounded by fields of it and my doctor said I should try a spoon of local honey every day as this could help. Haven't persuaded myself that the medicine is worth the cure yet!! Or should that be the other way round, you know what I mean. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cake or other recipes made in a mug are getting very popular.
    Glad you enjoyed your World Honey Bee Day!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete