Thursday 20 March 2014

World Book Day


S wanted to dress up for the latest World Book Day but with something that was less costumey.
We raided our wardrobes and with her brown trousers and my pale blue jacket we formed the idea of Peter Rabbit.
I stuck some cotton wool onto a piece of cardboard and stapled this to the waist band of her trousers for her fluffy tail.
Although not true to the original Beatrix Potter illustrations S was very taken with the blue sequinned ears we spied in the 99p shop and so they completed her outfit.

11 comments:

  1. That's a great, simple costume - I might steal the idea one year if I need to dress up for it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Love the bunny ears!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo cute and such a brilliant idea, Lisa. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Peter Rabbit costume - i love it !
    Thank you for your sweet comment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant costume. I'm rubbish when it comes to thinking up fancy dress outfits, I don't seem to possess an imagination. I hope S had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes less is more and I think S's costume definitely confirms that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww cute! Lovely simple idea! Something you need with all the different times schools want the kids to dress up.


    P x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good idea and achievable without too much fuss.
    I used to dread Book Day as it was very competitive at my daughters school, and we were always scratching our heads to come up with a good idea that was not too much hard work! We always did, and it was always fun in the end.
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat idea.... and simple. I like simple costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a,brilliant idea!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am quite sure Beatrix would have approved of the blue sparkly ears!
    Brillianst idea.
    Lx

    ReplyDelete