Thursday 25 October 2012

Thrifty Thursday- The Birthday Present


It was my sister's birthday yesterday and here is the haul of gifts I gave her.

Black and pink rose strapless sundress £1.00, floral top 50p, pink flower platter £1.50, stripy top 25p, set of 3 red dotty boxes £1.49, 1950's products jigsaw 75p, small pyrex type bowl 25p, red plastic heart shaped ladle (new) £1.00, orange polo neck 20p, blue cardi 20p, blue rose patterned shirt 25p, scarf (new) 25p, red rose plate 10p, black and white bag £1.00, grey socks (new) 25p, black and white purse 25p, black cardi 50p.

I broke our rule twice because the boxes and the ladle came from dotcomgiftshop, but everything else came the way of jumbles, car boots or charity shops.

She said she loved it all. The purse was put into immediate use, she said the black cardi would be perfect to go over the dress she is wearing out for her work's Christmas meal, the black and white bag will be taken to the car boot on Sunday to hopefully be filled with her latest bargains, she wore the scarf as soon as it was unwrapped and after she has done the jigsaw she's going to lend it to me to do too. Result all round.

11 comments:

  1. Another fabulous haul, Lisa. What is dotcomgiftshop? I'm going to google it now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa I love this idea "the nothing new rule"! I try and do this whenever I can, I know obvioulsy there are many people who wouldn't appreciate second-hand thrifted gifts and I do respect that, but I MUCH prefer to buy second-hand and vintage, I would be very touched if someone bought me a bag of goodies like - what a lucky sister you have xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All that for under a tenner. You do find some great bargains, no wonder your sister was pleased with everything. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog about Archie, it means such a lot. We're all trying to keep positive, but it's really hard as he just isn't himself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've been following your blog for 3 years and all I can say is that each year you surpass yourself!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of bargains. You sure are a good bargain hunter. Lots lf loveliness and not costing the earth.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these presents you and your sister exchange !

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so good at this Lisa - everything looks great. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite a haul you have there, especially for under ten pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lucky girl. What a treasure trove. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, pressies galore! They look lovely. I think that is fab that most of them came from boot sales or charity shops.
    Magie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous bargain selection - always love seeing your posts about your birthday presents to and from your sister x

    ReplyDelete