Sunday 29 January 2012

Saturday Brunch

This past week has been National Farmhouse Breakfast Week.
I spent a bit of time looking at the different recipes on their website and thought a few of them sounded interesting so decided that on Saturday we would try them out.
They can be found at www.shakeupyourwakeup.com/breakfast-ideas
I made the wheaty raspberry smoothie which no-one liked except me. I also made the hot chocolate shake which again no-one really liked. The oaty texture was the issue with that one.

I baked soda bread and made the bran flake pancakes.
We also had fried eggs, bacon and toast.

These are my versions of the breakfast trifles and crunch fruit layer.


The oaty cranberry smoothie was the most successful drink, liked by all the adults, but as you can see S was not so keen!


10 comments:

  1. I don't think I could manage an oaty smoothy.. looks great fun though !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so going to show my S that photo!
    You should have heard the rumpus at ours, as we tried to get the 11 year old to try Chicken with Cashew nuts.....

    Love the blue dresser Mrs!

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her face! I would have loved them all! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breakfast trifle - now that's what I'm talking about! Yum, yum double yum I am definitely trying that tomorrow! Sorry the oaty drinks didn't go down as well, tee hee!

    Sarah -x-

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the picture of S..... don’t you just love kids!

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess S wasn't keen by the look on her face. I'd have had the fried eggs, bacon and toast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha! And another peek at your gorgeous china cupboard! I spy a little Beatrix Potter friend or two...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your brunch sounds lovely! A picture definitly paints a thousand words looking at that expression!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very healthy I must say! The pic of S is classic! x

    ReplyDelete