Monday 30 January 2012

January Scavenger Hunt

The first photo Scavenger Hunt of 2012. A huge thank you to Kathy for keeping this going again this year and giving us an interesting list month after month.

1. A warning. This exclamation mark highlights ingredients on the back of a packet of peanuts. Why when there are clearly nuts in the bag do they still have to list 'may contain traces of nuts'.


2. An entrance. The entrance of the hotel we stayed in in Cardiff.


3. In the distance. The tower of Brains Brewery seen from the end of a residential street during our walk down to Cardiff Bay.


4. Odd. 3, an odd number of planters in the Holyrood area of Southampton.



5. Company. The original name of the John Lewis store in Cardiff. This shop has been used in an episode of Dr Who.


6. Two. A pair of lamps on a bridge over looking Bute Park in Cardiff.



7 and 8. Soft and in my bathroom. Cotton wool balls on the chest of drawers in my bathroom.

9. In season. Parsnips in Sainsburys.



10. Information. My pink storage box full of leaflets for ideas of days out.



11. A mess. A bundle of clothes on the floor on Saturday morning after I had been to a jumble sale.



12. Blur. Me shaking the camera!


P.S. This is my 500th post!

14 comments:

  1. Great photos and congrats on becoming 500!!!! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 500th post. You've come up with some great photos for each subject. I love parsnips, I've still got plenty in the allotment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting selection of photos, and congrats on your 500th post! My very next post will be my 1,000th - can't believe it - I've never stuck at something for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 500th! Love seeing everyone's interpretations on the scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. an interesting set of photos! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the blur photo! I could put any one of my photos up - they always seem to blur!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow .. 500 posts! You are doing very well to be continuing with the SH into 2012! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, congratulations! What a great way to celebrate -- these photos are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving seeing the scavenger hunt pictures! Congratulations on your 500th post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, 500 posts, I hope to see lots more in 2012 Lisa! I love seeing your pictures.

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photos, I love those planters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely set of photos.

    Congratulations on your 500 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on your 500th post. I enjoyed looking at your photos for the Scavenger Hunt.

    ReplyDelete