Friday 22 July 2011

Birthday girl

It was my birthday yesterday (patch courtesy of my sister) and what a lovely day it was too.
Breakfast in bed followed by cards and pressies from my family and friends. A trip to Gunwharf Quay for a spot of mooching in the CK outlet shop and lunch with G. Home again for cake, visits from friends bearing gifts and then finally more cake when my mum and sister popped round with yet more gifts. I shall photograph other gifts to share another day but I wanted to show what G had bought for me.

Last month whilst visiting a local museum I was looking through a bunch of old Ladybird books and saying how much I loved the illustrations, especially in the Going to School one which I used on my last blog post.
Well G bought a copy, which was in a very state of disrepair as it's spine was broken and the pages were falling out, for 1p on Amazon. He then searched the shops high and low for suitable frames and this is what he made.







To say I was thrilled would be an understatement!


He wasn't sure which pictures I would prefer to use so nothing has been permanently put in place and we may have pictures in all of the aperatures rather than some with text, we need to have a play around with them to decide.


G said he was so relieved I liked them as he wasn't completely sure on the idea.


But I do love them ever so much (as I love him too) and they are going to look fabulous in our newly decorated dining room.

22 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lisa!

    Sounds like you had a fab day.

    What a great idea your DH had, look forward to seeing them in situ in your new lovely dinning room.

    MBB x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea from G... So glad you had a lovely day...

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea - what a thoughtful man :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great present. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea G had... it's my birthday next month and I bet Dave won't even get me a card, so you are very lucky to have a thoughtful man!!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated Birthday Wishes Lisa! You have a really thoughtful husband. The gift looks wonderful. I have to get my own present from my husband! Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday!!! Wow! G is on fire with ideas like that! Thats so lovely. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had a lovely day - spread it over the weekend too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! What an amazing present, its soo lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Lisa, sounds like you had a fab day and what a very thoughtful gift. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!
    Whar a lovely idea!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Lisa - glad you had a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a fabulous day Lisa...belated birthday wishes to you!..and what a special and thoughtful present from your lovely man.You've got a diamond there! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy belated Birthday dear Lisa! I hope the celebrations are still going on!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever G to have come up with that one. I would have felt tickled pink too. Happy Birthday Lisa. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday, Lisa, it sounds like you had a wonderful day. What a fantastic present, G has certainly put a lot of thought in to it, which makes it all the more special.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow ! that IS a fabulous present ! well done that man !!!!

    Happy ( belated ) birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy birthday!! It looks like you were given the perfect present!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah lovely Lisa, happy birthday to you, a birthday patch? magnifique and as for the lLadybird thoughtfulness....a triumph, you deserve,

    Love Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy belated birthday wishes xo
    Carolyn xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday for yesterday - sounds like you had a lovely time :-) xx

    ReplyDelete