Monday 18 January 2010

thank you

Thank you, thank you, thank you and once again thank you.
Huge hearfelt thank yous to all who have left messages and emailed me after my post last week about losing Tilly. I can't put into words how hard these past few days have been but I have so very much appreciated reading such kind words from everyone.

It's been quiet at home this weekend. No tip tap of doggy feet across the floor and no sibling squabbling as T spent the weekend away. His Christmas present from his beloved Aunty D was a ticket to see the Lion King. So away to London with Grandma he went and a thoroughly good time was had by all 3 of them.

As we had to collect T from Grandma in Salisbury yesterday on their return we decided to pop up a couple of hours early and have a mooch around.

S is enjoying being a baby bunny rabbit at any opportunity at the moment and the seats on the train provided her with an excellent 'hutch.'



Ignore the pale, washed out tired looking face and instead concentrate on the lovely neckwarmer I received in the post from the completely wonderful and generous Diane.
I had it tucked under my coat ( I'm wearing it like that for photo modelling purposes only) and it was so warm and snug. It's always a couple of degrees colder in Salisbury than here in Southampton and I was very glad to be wearing it on the way home once the sun had disappeared and it had become even chillier, so thank you again Diane.


This photo is for Lynn, no scaffolding on this bit.


I spent a while gazing through the windows of this shop. Unfortunately it was closed and Iwas disappointed as it's one of my favourites and they had








a massive 70% off Christmas stock! A rummage would have been good.


18 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa!
    I'm so glad to see a tiny smile on your face..Diane's gift is just perfect for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it Lisa - I thought it would suit your colouring. You don't look washed out - in modelling terms it is called "pale and interesting". xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh you lucky thing, I saw that on Dianes blog and thought it was lush!
    Maybe I can crochet myself one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love the scarf - it's like a friendly hug from Diane.

    It's been such an emotionally draining time for you, no wonder you feel tired & washed out - I sometimes say to G that I feel sad around the edges.

    Glad the small people are ok - do you think someone is practising for easter?

    Big Hug being sent your way.

    Lx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you had a nice afternoon, after your recent sadness.

    Your little one looks very cute practising her bunny hops! She reminds me of my youngest one. Always with a cheeky grin on her face.

    Love the scarf, a really pretty colour.

    Have a lovely week.


    MBBx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa
    thank you for your lovely comments just recently sorry ive not 'popped' over, trying to get back to normal now! also im so sorry to hear about Tilly, its sad when we loose pets. Your scarf is lovely and its nice to see you too! you dont look washed out you should see me today! take care, fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I thought she was a bunny rabbit!

    a Bunny on a train no less, tell her it was a brilliant imitaion, had me, hook line and sinker!

    Glad you are feeling better, thinking of you,

    Sarah x

    ps the opening of the Lion King is one of the best 10 minutes you could ever have, what wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was thinking the same thing.
    It's about time I got chatting to a fellow blogger, my friends prob think I'm a bit odd (which is true).
    I've not been to lymington for ages, so next time you go let me know.
    That's better than disturbing your work day.

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, thank YOU for the cathedral! And for the big laughs at Miss S as bunny rabbit - if that isn't adorable, I don't know what is.

    You do not look tired and washed out - you look gorgeous. What a great scarf, too.

    Sorry about the shop being closed - that would have been excruciating!! Pity you can't sneak back up and have a look around...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog, and wanted to add my sympathy about Tilly. We had to put our little guy down a year ago, my heart still aches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so glad you are all OK! Such a loss for you all! I adore your new bunny ;)

    That scarf is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous neckwarmer - gorgeous colour.

    Thank you for your congrats on my new flat... I certainly can't wait. My decorating plans are white base and then throw colour in everywhere from decor and furniture - that's the idea at the moment anyway!!!

    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa
    Thanks for your kind comments about my lovely Wirral. Glad to see you out and about. Life has to go on . especially for the children... still haven't seen the Lion King, it's on my very long list!
    Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great in the photograph, Lisa. Such a kind, good face. All's well. I hope you're feeling a little better as the days go by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi - I have just popped over from Chez Sophie. That shop looks fabulous, I would have bought loads!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute bunny!!! I love your neckwarmer!!! Glad you had a good time!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lisa.
    If you pop over to my blog there is an award waiting for you.
    Hope your having a lovely weekend.
    Luv Sophie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lisa,

    That scarf Diane made looks gorgeous on you, such a brilliant colour. I am glad you are feeling a bit better and more settled again.

    Thank you so much for your kind offer of the top, I was really touched by that, you are really thoughtful. As I am a very reluctant size 18 though, I am afraid it will not fit me. And try as I might, I do not think I will be a size 14 by this summer... On the other hand, it might be a good incentive... If you would like to send me a picture, please do. You have to tell me what you would like in return though, as otherwise I would feel terribly guilty...

    Take care
    xxx

    ReplyDelete